Timber Harvesting: Treating Your Land like It’s Our Own
Yoder Lumber’s experienced Forest Management team has been harvesting Appalachian hardwood timber on many types of properties in the region for decades.
We treat your land like it’s our own and practice silviculture, the art and science of controlling the establishment, growth, composition, health, and quality of forests and woodlands to meet the diverse needs and values of landowners and society on a responsible basis.
As a Certified Master Logging Company by the Ohio Forestry Association, Yoder Lumber must participate in several types of training that include BMPs for water quality and erosion control, chainsaw safety, and tree felling techniques, as well as CPR and first aid. Recertification is required every three years to maintain Master Logging Company status.
How we work with you to harvest your timber:
- We listen carefully to your needs and to ensure a harvest that meets your goals and objectives.
- We use directional felling to protect the integrity of the residual trees left behind and preserve habitats for wildlife and land used for recreation.
- We use modern, well-maintained equipment to avoid unnecessary damage to your property.
- Trees are felled with chainsaws and logs are skidded with cable skidders.
- All timber harvests have a bulldozer on site for reclamation and skidding in sensitive or wet areas.
- We can provide written forest management plans for real estate tax reduction programs.
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about harvesting opportunities that may exist on your property today and provide you with a free consultation.Contact us via email or call one of our professional foresters at (330) 674-1435 for a no-obligation property review.